A couple years ago my husband made this soup for the first time. He picked it out of one of Mark Bittman’s books. I think it was How To Cook Everything but I can’t be sure. What I do know is this soup has become a staple in our house. And it’s really tasty.
This soup uses 5 ingredients and it comes together in under 30 minutes. For us, it’s a perfect busy weeknight meal. We had it tonight with some warm, crusty bread.
Brothy Potato Carrot Soup
WW Points+ (per serving) 3
1 T butter
4 c your favorite stock or broth
salt and pepper
1. Dice potatoes and carrots
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan
3. Saute carrots and potatoes in butter for 3 minutes
4. Add stock. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer
5. Cook for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender
6. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired